400 g chicken mince
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup grated baby marrows (about 4 large marrows)
1 Tbs fish sauce
1 Tbs finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1 Tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
1 Tbs olive oil or sesame oil
* Flatten the chicken balls into burger patty shapes and serve on a wholewheat seed roll with shredded cucumber, mashed avocado, pickled ginger and a little smear of reduced fat mayo.
Things you should know:
* Freeze the chicken balls in portions and defrost as you need them.
* Don’t crowd the pan or the chicken will boil rather than fry. Rather cook the balls in batches.
* Reduce the fat content by baking the chicken balls in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
* To reduce the salt content leave the fish sauce out of this recipe